Sunday, September 2, 2012

June - September update Ironman 9/9

This is why I don't blog... I get too busy and my "to do " list gets so large that even with this item on the list, it ends up being lower on the list. In addition,.. only a handful of people know about the blog,..let alone follow it.

Swim
So I've completed a couple of 2 mile swims and a 2.7 miler ( I swam the long route).

Bike
A couple of 100 mile bike rides, an 85 miler that was a real glycogen deplete!And I did a 150 miler over 2 days.

Run
I've run a 19 miler and 2 twenty milers. The runs always feel good.

One adventure race that lasted 13.5 hours.

Now I need to put everything together for the one day event one week from today.

MY race number is 1902, the weather is looking great.
MY goal,...really, is to finish and be healthy PERIOD. Anything beyond that is just a bonus.
That being said,...here are what I believe my realistic splits to be:

Swim
Best possible 1 hour 40 min  Realistic  2 hours Cutoff 2 hours 20 minutes
Bike
Best possible  6 hours 30 min Realistic 7 hours Cutoff 10 hours 30min including the swim
Run
Best possible 3hours 15min (if not swimming and biking before) Realistic  4:30 -5 hours Cutoff 17 hours for the whole thing!

Start time:
7:00am
9:00am Finish swim
9:10am Transition finish
4:10pm Finish bike
4:20pm T2 finish
8:50pm Finish time - hopefully!!

No comments: