Sunday, May 6, 2012

IM Week 6 summary April 30-May 6

More biking outside this week.  Missing a normal swim workout so my swim total was lower than I hoped this week. Also the YMCA is now closed on Sundays, so no swimming for me on Sundays until the bodies of water warm up!!

I love my new ultegra pedals! They are very cool and should have switched earlier. However, I missed clipping in  on two consecutive days and thrashed my left shin both days. Day 1's was worse and caused bleeding. It looked like I was hiding a golf ball under my skin,... but right on the tibial ridge!!  On Thursday I also took a 0 mph crash as a moderately busy intersection. Lots of people witness it.  Light changed and I was able to get stopped, but not unclipped. Once I fell, the upper leg (left) was unclipped but the right was not. It was quite a project to get the foot pinched between the bike and ground to unclip to get the bike off of me.  Just one more reason to like running better,... no one ever falls over at a red light when out for a run!

Week 6 totals:

Swim 3100m
Bike 90.9 miles
Run 22.5 miles

IM totals:

Swim 18,250m
Bike 511.1 mi
Run: 118.4

No comments: